For a comfortable and secure journey
- Essentials - Pets must have a water bowl and bedding for absorption (these absorbent pads can be obtained when renting a flight kennel from BidAir Cargo PetLounge). They should be able to stand up with reasonable space between their head and the roof of the crate, they should also be able to comfortably turn around in their crate.
- Inoculation - Animals older than 3 months must be inoculated against Rabies, this should be done annually. There is a waiting period of 7 days (if they are older than 1 year) or 14 days (for 1st time inoculations or if they are between 3 & 12 months) after their rabies inoculation, prior to the pet travelling.Read More...
If your animal is younger than 3 months old and does not have their own inoculation booklet, a clear, legible copy of the mothers VET BOOK must be provided.
Puppies and kittens can only fly from the age of 8 weeks.
Only pets that have been vaccinated by a registered veterinarian will be accepted to fly internationally.
NOTE: Please enquire about the special requirements for the transportation of snub/pug nosed animals.
Paperwork to bring with you
- All pets - Please bring the official vaccination card or legible copy, with your pet, on the day of departure.
- Pregnant Pets - Heavily pregnant animals will not be carried except under exceptional circumstances. This should be accompanied by a letter from your Vet.
Whilst we endeavour to make certain that the above regulation is met, it is the sender’s responsibility to disclose any medical condition your pet might have.
Booking and check-in
- Booking - Please book your pet's flight at least 48 hours prior to the flight, contact us on 011 230 4600 or email us on email@example.com.
- Domestic Check In - Please check your pet in 2 hours before their flight
- Regional Check In - Please check your pet in 3 hours before their flight
Check in times allow for all procedures to be completed in time for boarding.